Australia awards Africa 1,000 scholarships

Posted by

APA-Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) The Australian government on Thursday announced the award of 1000 scholarships for African students as from 2013.

The announcement was made by the visiting Australian Foreign Minister, Kevin Rudd who made a statement at the opening of the 16th Executive Council meeting of the AU Commission, being held in Addis Ababa.

Accordingly, Rudd said that his government has established the Australia-Africa Awards which offers 400 scholarships for study each year to students across the continent in the areas of development priority for Africa.

“And by 2013, we will offer 1,000 new scholarships each year to support the future skills needs of this continent,” said Rudd.

He also promised to increase his country’s investment in Africa.

“Our mining investment in Africa will grow beyond the $ 20 billion now invested. We have already doubled our level of cooperation with Africa in the last three years,” said Rudd. “We have come here to cooperate on a new level, to build new bonds of commerce, development, investment and political dialogue.”

He indicated that his country was active in mining in Africa with $ 20 billion of investments, in more than 200 companies, and more than 600 projects across more than 40 countries in Africa.

“The people of Africa must get a fair return for the vast mineral wealth that belongs to them,” added Rudd.

Source – Ethiopian Journal

Comments

Loading Facebook Comments ...

38 Comments

1. I such much love this kind gesture. it will help we africans to actualise our dreams.

2. IREEN MULENGA says:

Thankyou for this opportunity,Mr RUDD,Africans need this.

3. Thank you very much Sir for providing such gesture for Africans. As we really need it.

4. I NEED THIS VERY INTERESTING SCHOLAR SHIP AWARD GIVEN BY AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENTS FOR THE DEVELOPING AFRICA CONTINENT
    SO I AM ETHIOPIAN CITIZEN AND I HAVE GRADUATED FROM THE FAMOUS HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION OF THE HARAMAYA UNIVERSITY WITH FOOD SCIENCE AND POST HARVEST TECHNOLOGY IN 2006 AND I HAVE SEVEN YEAR EXPERIENCE IN OFFICE OF FOOD SECURITY IN DISTRICT SIX YEAR AND IN RESEARCH ONE YEAR WITH THE PROFESSION OF AGRO-PROCESSING RESEARCHER

5. I AM HAGOS FROM ETHIOPIA I NEED YOUR THIS SCHOLAR SHIP TO EMPOWERING MY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL

6. I need this scholarship and could help me how i can apply for this chance?

7. I am an instructor of Adigrat University which is found in Tigrai region at the distance of 900km to the North fom Adis Ababa.
    I wan to got the scholarship for my Masters

8. omiat apollo says:

i am a Ugandan aged 35years,an enrolled nurse who would like to advance for a diploma or degree in nursing science.thank you

9. I have Mathematics Diploma.I need this Scholarship for Degree program. Thank you!

10. Tesfaye Lemma Tessema says:

I am an Ethiopian .Thank you for your invitation and I want to participate in masters program as well in the short term program.

11. Tesfu Alemayehu says:

Amazing! This opportunity helps to upgrade my qualification & serve my country well.I really thank the Australian gov’t in providing such chance.Thus,I’m greatly ambitious to resume my education in the same filed. I’ve a second degree in urban management from the Ethiopian civil service university & living in Addis Ababa now. 10Q in advance!

12. solomon hailemichael says:

I am from Ethiopia, i have First Degree in Computer Science and I Want to Continue My Masters Degree in Computer Science, if i get the scholarship sponsor otherwise i have no such economy to pay & learn in addition to this, i would like to thank the Australian government for giving me this opportunity.
    I hopefully wait your response!
    Thank you very much indeed!!

13. Zeinu Reshad Abdo says:

Iam ethiopian and, i have first degree in management. ihave intersted to follow up your educational opportunity to ethiopia specialy in addis abeba

i am working as cleansing managemnet coordinator in addis abeba ,kolfe keraniyo subcity administration office.ihave 7 years job expirience as coordinator indifferent government organisation.

14. kabiru Ibrahim Ahmed says:

I posses a degree in political science. A Nigerian.I wil be very happy if i can get scholarship for my masters.

15. shobbiso Digga says:

I am an Ethiopian having first degree in Urban planning from civil service University who would like to advance for a masters degree in similar fields of study.If I win the competition and sponsored, I will be lucky to enjoy my learning in Australia so that I can help Ethiopia after the successful completion of the study.
    I will be looking forwards to your response,I thank you!

16. I graduated from Addis Ababa University BA degree in Foreign Language and Literature and minor Political Science and International Relation [PSIR]. I am interesting to continue my education further in education or others If I get chance
    I have totally 7 years working experience 6years in high schools, collages. Now I’ve worked in Addis Ababa City Council as a Minute Taking Officer since Sep1,2005E.C. I’ve been awarded two times as a model employee. I like in team work [quality circle activities] very much. More over I’m free from all kinds of addiction.
    I am waiting for you positive response.
    your faithfully,
    Mamo[minutes officer]

17. PATRICK KATANDI says:

I completed my bachelor degree in 2010,
    How can i benefit from such scholarship,
    I am ugandan by nationality

18. GETA TESSAFA BELACHEW says:

I WOULD LIKE TOTHANK YOU TO OPPORTUNITY. IAM GRAGUATED FOR PHYSICS BACHELOR DEGREE IN ETHIOPIA.

19. GETA TESSAFA BELACHEW says:

GIVE ME ACHANCE

20. GETA TESSAFA BELACHEW says:

I APRETIATED AFRICAN PEOPLE TO HELP IMPROVE EDUCATION

21. samuel desta says:

I need to participate in the 2014/2015 Australian award for African scholarship and financial aid program.

22. samuel desta says:

I have graduated from Haramaya University BA degree in History. I am interesting to continue my education further in education or others If I get chance

23. Azene Ayalew Gizaw says:

I have BSC degree in applied mathematics from Jimma university. If I get chance in this scholarship I need to proceed in this course.

24. MOSISA ETEFA says:

A am eager to see anda join Australia

25. Ermias ahmed says:

I am BA holder in Marketing Management from Dire Dawa University.Please give me this chance.

26. MOSISA ETEFA says:

I am LLB degree holder,and practicing law as a judge in Ethiopian high court.So,if you give me this chance to upgarde my education,it relly mean that,you are playing an importatnt role in reforming justice system of Afirica generally and that of Ethiopia specifically.Thank you Astralia the land of humanity!!

27. Getahun Shimellis Teferi says:

I have Bsc degree in Animal Science from Haramaya University. If I get a chance in this scholarship I am interesting to continue my education further in education or others .

28. sisay aragaw wolde says:

I NEED THIS SCHOLARSHIP, CAN YOU GIVE A CHANCE FOR ME? THANK YOU!!!

29. sisay aragaw wolde says:

I NEED IT!!

30. nahom woldu@yahoo.com says:

I have diploma in applide chemistry I want to be part of invitation

31. Adekanle Adeniji A says:

l hereby apply under your scholarship programme

32. Dereje Teshome Wakejira says:

I am working in Jimma Plant Health Clinic its found in Oromia region.Its far 365Km from Addis Ababa.I have more than 15 years experience in Agronomy And Crop Protection.

33. Bona Hirpa Kitila says:

My name is Bona Hirpa Kitila. I am Working In Jimma Plant Health CLinic its found Oromia Region 365kms far from Addis Ababa The Capital city of Ethiopia.I have more than three years experience in Crop Protection.

34. Dereje Teshome Wakejira says:

I have BSC degree in Plant Science I am Working in Jimma Plant Health Clinic its found in Oromia Region 365kms Addis Ababa,the Capital City of Ethiopia. I have more than 10 years Experience in Agronomy & Plant Protection.

35. Feruz Aliyi says:

I am an Ethiopian having Bachelor of Science Degree in Midwifery from Haramaya University College of medicine and health science.
    In the meantime, I am serving Jigjiga University as graduate lecturer.I am interesting to continue my education further in related fields or others if I get chance. I hopefully wait your response!
    Thank you very much indeed!!

• Abdulbari Siraj says:

I am an Ethiopian having Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural Resource Management from Mada Walabu University.
      In the meantime, I am serving Office of Agriculture, Food Security Department, expert of Productive Safety Net Programme and House hold Asset Building Programme as a specialist of Natural Resource Conservation and Watershed Development in full time from October 2010 up to now. I am interesting to continue my education further in related fields or others if I get chance. I hopefully wait your response!
      Thank you very much indeed!!

• I am an Ethiopian having Bachelor of Science Degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Jimma University.
        In the meantime, I am a teacher in preparatory school (Grade 11 & 12) in Oromia region Arsi zone Chole Wereda.I have more than 8 years Experience in teaching. I am interesting to continue my education further in related fields or others if I get chance. I hopefully wait your response!
        Thank you very much!!