Apple announced in a press release on Monday, 13 October 2014 that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will arrive in 36 countries and territories across Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa by the end of October.
South Africa was included in the announcement and forms part of the 24 October 2014 launch wave.
This confirms earlier industry rumours that the South African launch would be towards the end of October, but debunks later rumours that the actual date was closer to mid-November 2014.
According to Apple, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be available in a total of 69 countries and territories by the end of the month and are on track to be available in more than 115 countries by the end of the year, making this the fastest iPhone rollout ever.
The roll-out schedule provided in the press release is as follows:
- Friday, October 17: China, India, and Monaco
- Thursday, October 23: Israel
- Friday, October 24: Czech Republic, French West Indies, Greenland, Malta, Poland, Reunion Island, and South Africa
- Thursday, October 30: Bahrain and Kuwait
- Friday, October 31: Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Guam, Hungary, Iceland, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, South Korea, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, and Thailand
Operators have not yet announced their local prices.